Edward P. Kelly
Mr. Kelly concentrates his practice in the areas of trademarks, copyrights, licensing of intellectual property and litigation in the federal and state courts. He has more than 25 years of experience advising clients on the adoption of brands for their products and services. His experience in branding covers a wide range of products, including personal care products, defense and surveillance technologies, scientific glass, solar technology, financial services and pharmaceutical products. Mr. Kelly prosecutes trademark applications in the U.S. Trademark Office and handles litigation relating to the enforcement of trademarks against third parties as well as defending companies and individuals against charges of trademark and copyright infringement. He also has extensive experience advising companies in the acquisition of intellectual property assets, including due diligence investigations relating to the purchase and/or sale of trademarks, patents, copyrights and trade secrets.
Mr. Kelly received a B.A. from the University of New York at Stony Brook in 1979. He graduated from law school at St. John’s University School of Law in 1983 where he was editor of the St. John’s Law Review.
- Phone: 212.490.3285
- Fax: 212.490.3295
- It’s a 10, Inc. v. Ph Beauty Labs, Inc., 10-CV-00972 (S.D.N.Y.)
- John Wiley & Sons, Inc. v. Delta Airlines, Inc., 06-CV-11424 (S.D.N.Y.)
- Ventura Foods, LLC v. Supreme Oil Company, Inc., 07-CV-7338 (S.D.N.Y.)
- Morris Flamingo-Stephan, Inc. v. Elegante Beauty Discount Center et al, 1:12-cv-03921 (S.D.N.Y.)
Recognition & Affiliations
- Listed, New York “Super Lawyer” in Intellectual Property Litigation in 2014 Super Lawyer Magazine
- Board Member, Irish American Bar Association
- Member, American Business Forum on Europe
- Member, International Trademark Association
- Member, American Bar Association